ALEXIS CARTER, MSW, CCM
Alexis Carter is a Tacoman and a caregiver for an elderly loved one with dementia. She has centered her practice on finding palliative-focused solutions to assist clients in providing the most complete and compassionate care for their loved ones. With extensive expertise in hospital- and home-based care institutions, Alexis is especially skilled in her ability to understand, negotiate and integrate the complex frameworks of Managed Care insurance systems. She is expert in private and public insurance systems (commercial Long Term Care insurance, Medicare and Medicaid) within the landscape of healthcare in Washington.
A passionate educator, Alexis provides families with a strong scaffolding of knowledge, skills and empathy in order to help them understand and care for their loved ones. Alexis has almost 20 years of experience in care management and served on the Teaching Faculty at the Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging in New York City, educating Post-Masters students and professional staff.
Alexis received her Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University in New York City in 2002, and her Bachelor of Arts in Community Studies from the University of California in Santa Cruz. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family in Point Defiance Park, hiking, kayaking and is an avid Yin Yoga practitioner.
- Master’s Degree in Social Worker (MSW)
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) from Commission for Case Manager Certification
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Certified Dementia Care Partner
- Certified Aging Life Care Manager, Advanced Professional, ALCA
- Graduate, Leadership Institute of American Society on Aging (2016)
- Certificate in Advanced Care Planning, Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest (2019)