LIFE CARE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- A full bio-psychosocial and spiritual assessment of an older person or a person with a disability is performed to clearly articulate the person’s challenges in an objective manner.
- Next, a Care Plan is completed with solutions to all of the identified challenges.
- The Care Manager then facilitates the Care Plan in partnership with the client and their family and support systems.
- Carter Life Care excels in the expediency of identifying and managing healthcare issues so that the client can re-engage in activities that bring them joy.
- We specialize in discovering and implementing activities that provide a client with a sense of purpose, context and meaning, while helping them adjust to a medical catastrophe and/or a significant decline in function.
- We help find the appropriate type of in-home care so your loved one can age in place, as long as possible.
PALLIATIVE-FOCUSED HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
- We help people find comfort after experiencing a medical issue that may limit their level of function.
- Our goal is to provide clients with relief from the symptoms, pain, physical and mental stress of serious illness.
- Carter Life Care not only strives to improve your quality of life, but will also advocate on your behalf so that your care is covered by insurance to the maximum extent possible.
ALEXIS CARTER: THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Former Faculty at Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging
- Developer of new evidence-based curriculum:
- Care Transitions: Care Management Techniques and Critical Thinking Skills Across All Health Care Settings
- Geriatric Assessment: Evidence-Based and Beyond, How to Capture all the Data
- Speaker on topics related to Care Management and Caregiving:
- State Senator Liz Kruger Round Table, March 19, 2015 — Local and Long Distance Caregiving
- American Society on Aging, Chicago, Illinois, March 26, 2015 — Care Management Through End of Life with distinguished speaker Peter Strauss, Esq.